This article was written for Window Ninjas Window And Pressure Cleaning.
Yesterday was the first day of spring but it sure doesn’t feel like it, the chimney may not yet be ready to retire for the season. Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island is exactly what you need to maintain a properly clean chimney. Now is the perfect time to have your chimney professional swept! Chimneys are a wonderful and aesthetic way to warm your home during the winter months but if not properly cleaned they can be extremely hazardous. They save you money on your electric bill and can smell so good with the wood burning. Our team would like to inform you of these hazards throughout this article. We aim to inform you of the importance of proper chimney sweeping maintenance. If you are ready to book your Chimney Sweep service today you can reach us at 843-790-8447 or on the web at windowninjas.com.
What Are The Hazards Of Improper Chimney Sweeping?
Having a Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island service saves you and your loved ones from the risk of so many hazards. When was the last time you had a professional chimney sweep? We recommend having one done at least once a year. This is because debris, creosote, soot and carbon monoxide will build up over time. Ash obviously builds up when your chimney is in service but when combined with debris from twigs falling and creosote it poses the risk for clogs. When clogs form, it makes it hard for smoke and carbon monoxide to escape through the vent in the chimney. This will leave it with nowhere to go except in your home. Smoke inhalation is not pleasant. There’s a reason bonfires are held outside, nobody wants their house filled with smoke. It makes it hard to breathe and if you have asthma can trigger asthma attacks. Potential clogs can cause a much larger fire than anticipated.
Are you aware of creosote? Creosote is a tar-like substance. This forms inevitably from the burning of wood. When it cools on its way up the chimney and forms on the way up and out of the chimney. Creosote is highly flammable and can ignite from even the tiniest spark hitting it. This can send your whole chimney up in flames causing a home or building fire. Soot and debris prevent your chimney from being able to properly dispose of the smoke and toxins from outside of your home. Any clogs in your chimney will also prevent an adequate amount of oxygen from reaching the fire burning in your chimney.
Do you know the dangers of carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, invisible, odorless gas that is heavier than air. This causes it to sink to the ground inside of your home. Now, since it’s invisible and odorless, the only real way to monitor carbon monoxide build up is with a detector pointed toward the floor. Exposure to carbon monoxide can present with flu like symptoms but over time will lead to long hospital stays and even potentially fatality. Stay on top of your chimney sweeping Kiawah Island services!
When Is The Best Time To Have A Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island Service?
Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island recommends having a service once a year. Right now, which is the spring, is a wonderful time because the weather is warming and you’re going to switch to open windows and air conditioners. Another great time is early fall or late summer. The weather will be starting to cool off and you’ll be needing your chimney again soon. Having a properly swept chimney will lengthen the life of your chimney so you can use it for the next winter to come.
Why Leave It To The Pros?
Having a professional chimney sweep is so beneficial in so many different ways. When you book your service, we do a chimney sweep as well as an inspection of your chimney’s structure. This way if there is something wrong we can inform you properly. Another benefit of hiring a professional is that we can guarantee our results. We have the proper training and equipment to get the job done right. You could potentially rent the equipment and get the right protective equipment but without the proper knowledge it can still be costly and dangerous.
When hiring Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island you are eliminating the risk of potentially damaging your chimney. Damage can be extremely costly to fix. It is possible you might not remove all the clogs or carbon monoxide. Over time this can lead to even more damage to yourself and the chimney itself.
We provide a sweeping/ vacuum method to clean your chimney. This removes all debris, creosote and carbon monoxide out of your chimney. We have the proper equipment to ensure we don’t inhale anything toxic. You may not have this luxury which can cause lots of hazards to your lungs. These are the kinds of things you want to avoid while just leaving it to the professionals.
How To Book A Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island Service
A call to our sales representative team will put you on track to booking a service with Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island. Our team will find the best available date for you. They will also look to see if we have any specials going on that would fit your service. We want to help you lock in the most affordable rate. Then on the day of your service we will arrive and introduce ourselves and explain what we will be providing. We will inspect and assess before and after our service to ensure tip top work.
I think we can all agree that it’s much safer to hire a professional rather than expose yourself to harmful substances involved in chimney sweeping. It’s best to leave it to the professionals at Chimney Sweep Kiawah Island to ensure total safety. Our team is ready to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We can be reached on the internet at windowninjas.com or by phone at 843-790-8447.